The Assistant Account Executive is responsible for mediating communications between The Carter Malone Group, the media, productions, and the community at large.
Assistant Account Executive Job Responsibilities:
Essential functions are listed in order of importance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Crafts and maintains a consistent ‘voice’ that accurately reflects the organization’s brand to be used across all communication channels
- Writes and distributes news releases regarding CMG clients news and events
- Plans, arranges and organizes interviews to promote CMG clients
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups.
- Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements and promotions.
- Monitors and documents media coverage and maintains media archives
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with media representatives
- Continually seeks out new media channels and opportunities
- Responds to media requests for information or interviews in a timely manner
- Assists with copy editing, speeches and letters for the organization as requested
- Social media proficient
The Carter Malone Group offers health, dental and vision insurance and a 401K.The work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., some after hours and weekends.
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, and English
- Work experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Oral and written communication
- Exceptional customer service
- Practice discretion and confidentiality
- Key Competencies:
- Organization and strategic planning
- Strong communication and creative writing skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Practice discretion and confidentiality Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Initiative and flexibility
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must have use of a safe, fully functioning personal vehicle.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a considerable about of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Employee spends extended lengths sitting and working at a computer.
- For events, standing and walking are required about 25% of the time; may lift and carry objects up to 15 lbs.; may climb stairs; may bend, twist, kneel, stoop and reach overhead.
Salary range – negotiable
Serious candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Brittany Malone.